Wednesday, December 10, 2008

How often does that happen?

The clock radio was telling me it was time to get up, but my body was saying, "give it a minute." So I grab the book on my nightstand and decide to do a bit of morning reading (luxurious, no?) I had finally gotten around to picking up The United States of Arugula by David Kemp, and even though I was only a chapter in, I was already enjoying it very much. The research involved is mind-blowing. 
Twenty minutes later I get out of bed, put on the kettle and shuffle into my home office to check my email. Something was screwy with my server yesterday so it was an email pile-on this morning. 
But one stood out.
It was from David Kemp, the author of the book I had just dog-eared. I pinched myself to make sure I was really awake. (I was.)
He wanted advice on where he should send his friends to eat in Toronto. So I gave him my advice. 
Now I'm going to go check my horoscope.

No comments: