Thursday, March 25, 2010

The best cheese in the world


This is a photo I took of the best cheese in the world. I know it’s the best cheese in the world because it’s stinking up my fridge like a real champion.

I bought it when I was in Quebec and now I’m afraid to eat it. Not because it’s so smelly, but because once I eat it I’ll be sad that it’s gone.

An ash-covered soft surface ripened goat cheese, Le Cendrillon was crowned World Champion, all categories combined, at the prestigious World Cheese Awards 2009, which took place on the Canary Islands (of all places) in October -- besting 2,440 other cheeses from 34 countries.

Produced in St-Raymond-de-Portneuf, in September, La Maison Alexis de Portneuf Inc. was also awarded the coveted "Prix du Public" at the Selection Caseus 2009 -- a competition that recognizes Quebec's fine cheeses.

All hail the big cheese!

2 comments:

pigeon28 said...

that's funny, amy, because, if that's the same cheese and it looks like it is, the cheese man at the byward market said it was a load of crock. that the award is strictly promotional. wrong?

Amy said...

I'll let you know when I crack it open Schooly don. But I can't imagine such a big awards undertaking would be a load of crap. It just doesn't make sense.