Friday, September 24, 2010

You can do this

I’m heading out of town for a week so am down to the dregs in my refrigerator. But lucky for me the dregs include whole wheat English muffins, some whitefish spread and a fresh batch of my onion marmalade (or onion jam; six of one, half a dozen of the other.)

Here’s what I did to make this snack-sized sandwich: I tore the muffin in half, toasted it up, spread it with the smoked whitefish then topped it with the onion marmalade. Delicious! Total PMS delight.

And then I got to thinking that if people really wanted to, using the very helpful National Nosh they could feasibly create every component to this PMS Delight by hand (I just gave it that official name since the previous paragraph. Things move fast around here.)

After all, way back when I taught you how to make onion marmalade here.

And then I explained how to make that Jewish delicacy called whitefish spread here.

And let’s not forget about that time I whipped up homemade English muffins here.

Bottom line? Search engines are our friends.

2 comments:

Megan H Carroll said...

made the onions today and they were awesome... even shared the recipe with all my peeps in FB land

Amy said...

Thanks Megan, I'm thinking of linking back to more past recipes in future posts for readers who missed them the first time around.